The table of contents of your thesis comes directly after the cover page and provide the examiner with a first insight into the structure of your course of action. So you give the reader a common thread in his hand, as you raised the question your thesis answering step by step. In addition, it helps cheap custom essay you doing yourself to structure your thoughts and to work systematically. Even so, all sections and subsections of your thesis are completely listed in the thesis of contents. To create a successful table of contents, you also have to consider a number of formal criteria. Here you can find out what are they and how you write the perfect table of contents for your dissertation.
Bachelor thesis: the table of contents at the beginning
The table of contents is in Germany at the forefront – directly behind the cover page and before the Introduction of your dissertation. In other countries, the contents of the thesis can also come to the end times. If you do not write in Germany your work, you should like the examination office or your supervisor check.
The table of contents of the thesis allows you systematically and to work for a well-structured plan . While writing it avoids notionally drift and should therefore be created by finding topics and material evaluation. However, before you start writing, you should consult with your supervisor again. So you know that your work is going in the right direction.
Important: Your appraiser already recognize Based on the contents, whether your entire thesis is logically . In addition, the table of contents also shows whether you have considered the formal requirements and subtleties accordingly and how clean and organized you are working in total. Here usually already covered an initial decision, in which note Region Your work is classified.
Full Table of Contents: all chapters are purely
In the thesis of contents are all sections and subsections listed your work seamlessly . The numbering of the chapters takes place continuously and is taken up accordingly in the text. This you give your readers a clear structure.
You should always observe
The following formal criteria:
- use preferred the numeric / decimal classification, ie “1”, “1.1”, “1.1.1”, etc.
- alpha-numeric classification only for very large works such. B. “I”, “1”, “a)”, “aa)” etc.
- set just behind digit bullet points points z. As “first”, but “1.2”
- a sub-item must be followed by at least one other at the same hierarchical level, such. B. “2.1.1”, “2.1.2”
- be used for clarity more than seven to eight sub-points per main point, that “1.1”, “1.2”, “1.3” … “1.8”
- write at the end of each line the corresponding page number as a number
- must include the word “page” called
- Lists and be numbered with Roman page numbers
- only the text portion of your work gets classification numbers (2.1, 3.2, etc.)
- Abstract, directories, attachment or affidavit not get numbers
- Use no more than a maximum of four levels of classification such. B. “126.96.36.199”
- Layers like “188.8.131.52.1.3” are confusing
- write min per bullet. ½-1 page text, but not more than 4 pages
- Avoid too much continuous text at a time
- , the importance of each point must be in the outline w ● generic terms to be settled at a higher level than under terms
- use short, as objectively as possible worded headlines
- filler words, punctuation or question sets are taboo, just as lurid formulations
- use as many nouns such. B. “Theoretical Model”
- sub-items must not be repeated one to one in the wording parent points, for example, “1.1 Theoretical Model” and “1.1.1 Theory” and “1.1.2 Model”
Example of a good table of contents for the thesis
Each thesis consists of the following structure: introduction, body, conclusion. In the table of contents even these terms have nothing to look for, because they have a purely formal character. Even neutral terms such as “Introduction” and “Outlook”, etc., are not specific enough and should be replaced with your topic through concrete as possible explanations. In what topic you want, for example, just take? What exactly do you give an outlook?
Your Contents also reflects the nature of your scientific work. When empirical data collection, the structure of the table of contents gives almost goes
- background : Research location to your subject, theoretical models
- application : own study / data collection
- : results, insights and conclusions
Of course, a thesis can also be written as theoretical work. Then arise depending on the topic various other approaches for Your Table of writingbee.com Contents , for example. B.
- : breakdown by time sequence, for. As after developments, periods and eras such. B. “The German-US policy of 1968-92”
- : Structure from general to specific, eg. B. “Opportunities and Risks of the EU”; To assumptions on risks and opportunities of the EU and explaining concrete examples
- : Outline the specific to the general, z. B. Development of a new conceptual model from a single sample
- : breakdown by cause and effect, for. B. Effect of outsourcing of production facilities on the German labor market
- : Breakdown by thesis, antithesis and synthesis, this pros and cons are weighed to find a compromise solution for. B. “pros and cons of EU enlargement”
- : Breakdown by comparison criteria (objects of investigation are compared with each other), for. B. Canada (population structure, urban growth, etc.) (c demographic structure, urban growth.) Versus USA
You might want to think carefully beforehand and also check with your instructor, is that division pattern for your thesis is most suitable. But no matter how you gliederst: The goal is always to present the structure and context for the reader as clear and transparent as possible
example of a successful division of an empirical work
- Theoretical explanations
- Theoretical models
- Model 1
- Model 2
- Theoretical concepts
- Concept 1
- Concept 2
- Empirical Part
- of your thesis
- your thesis
- your thesis
Of course, the above example is only a neutral framework that needs to be concretized depending on the topic and adjusted. It merely reflects the formal structure of your thesis
design table of contents – watch suitable examples of
GRIN there are more than 10,000 undergraduate work – most likely also that of your chair. Look at the contents of other Bahcelroarbeiten who has reviewed your Prof with top grade. You can take exactly according to his ideas the table of contents and the numbering so. Matching Bachelor work as a template you do not find in seconds: Just the last name of your Prof or a few keywords from your topic into the search